The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering offers an undergraduate program of study in Chemical Engineering accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org.
That program of study includes the following program educational objectives for the training of our undergraduates:
- Excel in careers in chemical engineering practice and research in the chemical, biochemical, energy and materials industries;
- Make use of the versatility of the Princeton chemical and biological engineering program to excel in diverse careers including business, medicine, law, government and education;
- Excel in top-ranked graduate programs and professional schools;
- Be recognized as critical, creative and independent thinkers who direct their technical expertise towards addressing the needs of society;
- Be recognized as leaders in their chosen fields.
Students who have successfully completed our program will have satisfied the following ABET student outcomes:
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specific needs with consideration of public health, safety and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgements, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgement to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
|Class Year||Total Degrees Awarded/Enrollment|
|Class of 2024 (as of 6/24/21)||41|
|Class of 2023 (as of 6/24/21)||28|
|Class of 2022 (as of 6/24/21)||33|
|Class of 2021 graduates||23|
|Class of 2020 graduates||25|
|Class of 2019 graduates||39|
|Class of 2018 graduates||49|
|Class of 2017 graduates||38|
|Class of 2016 graduates||44|
ABET is among the most respected accreditation organizations in the United States and is used to ensure that certain academic programs meet established standards for engineering and technical education.
For more information, the Engineering Accreditation Commission can be contacted at the following address:
111 Market Place, Suite 1050
Baltimore, MD 21202
Telephone: (410) 347-7700
Fax: (410) 625-2238