The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering offers an undergraduate program of study in Chemical Engineering accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org.
That program of study includes the following program educational objectives for the training of our undergraduates:
- Excel in careers in chemical engineering practice and research in the chemical, biochemical, energy and materials industries;
- Make use of the versatility of the Princeton chemical and biological engineering program to excel in diverse careers including business, medicine, law, government and education;
- Excel in top-ranked graduate programs and professional schools;
- Be recognized as critical, creative and independent thinkers who direct their technical expertise towards addressing the needs of society;
- Be recognized as leaders in their chosen fields.
Students who have successfully completed our program will have satisfied the following ABET student outcomes:
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specific needs with consideration of public health, safety and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgements, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgement to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.