The safety and well-being of all community members remains the Department's top priority. During the phased resumption of on-campus research activities, CBE will work closely with the Office of the Dean for Research and Environmental Health and Safety to ensure compliance with best practices.
In a June 8 memo, the Provost and Executive Vice President issued updated policies for the entire University. The Dean for Research issued a separate memo regarding research-related details. Please see those documents for complete details. Below is a summary of key points:
- The University has lifted social distancing requirements for fully vaccinated persons verified in myUHS portal (undergraduate and graduate students) or VacStatus (faculty; staff, including research staff and postdoctoral researchers; contractors).
- Weekly testing (or semi-weekly testing for unvaccinated persons) is required for EVERYONE who regularly appears on campus. To enroll, you must email Kate Braunstein with your name, title, and PU ID number.
- Labs can resume normal occupancy for fully vaccinated, verified members. Labs with members who are not yet fully vaccinated may consult with Environmental Health and Safety (firstname.lastname@example.org) for guidance adjusting occupancy and social distancing.
- The Daily Symptom Check is ONLY required for individuals who are NOT vaccinated.
- Face coverings are no longer required, indoors or outdoors. Individuals who are not vaccinated are encouraged to continue wearing face coverings.
- Gatherings no longer require special approval. Full gatherings policy.
- The policy for visitors remains the same for the time being. Please refer to the full Visitor Policy and the Visitor Request Form.
In CBE, most administrative staff will work remotely until mid-August. A few administrative staff members will work on site for limited hours each week. If you need assistance that requires an off-campus staff member to go into the office, please contact Kate Braunstein, Senior Manager of Finance and Administration.