Ten students from the 2018 graduating class received senior awards from the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering. The awards were presented on Class Day, Monday, June 4, in a ceremony in the courtyard of the engineering quad.
Each year the department honors outstanding seniors in key areas of excellence. Some of the prizes are sponsored by the department, while others are funded or sponsored by outside organizations including DuPont, the pharmaceutical company Merck & Co., the chemical manufacturing company SABIC and the Central Jersey Chapter of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE).
A complete list of the students and their awards is below.
- The Ernest F. Johnson Distinguished Service Award: Paradorn “Joe” Rummaneethorn
- Sigma Xi Book Prize: Théo Keeley-LeClaire
- The Richard K. Toner Thermodynamics Prize: Sally Jiao
- SABIC Senior Thesis Award: Isabella Grabski and Samantha Ip
- Christodoulos A. Floudas Chemical Process Design Award: Samantha Ip, Sally Jiao, Eric Qiu, and Jeffrey Register
- The Merck & Company Outstanding Senior Thesis Award: Tristan Lim and Elizabeth Stanley
- The Michelle Goudie '93 Senior Thesis Award: Théo Keeley-LeClaire and Sarah Wang
- The Overall Excellence in Chemical Engineering: Sally Jiao