Assistant Professor of Molecular Biology
428 Moffett Laboratory
- A.B. Molecular Biology, Princeton University
- Ph.D. Systems Biology, Harvard University
Honors and Awards
- STAT Magazine Wunderkind Award, 2020
- Forbes 30 Under 30, Healthcare category, 2019
- ASTMH Robert E. Shope, MD, Fellowship in Infectious Diseases, 2018
- Broad Institute Shark Tank Program, 2017
- Assistant Professor of Molecular Biology
- Associated Faculty, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
The Myhrvold lab is developing CRISPR-based technologies to study viral and host RNA. For more information about our research, see https://myhrvoldlab.com/research.
- Arizti-Sanz J, Freije CA, Stanton AC, Boehm CK, Petros BA, Siddiqui S, et al. Integrated sample inactivation, amplification, and Cas13-based detection of SARS-CoV-2. bioRxiv. 2020 ;.
- Ackerman CM, Myhrvold C, Thakku SGowtham, Freije CA, Metsky HC, Yang DK, et al. Massively multiplexed nucleic acid detection with Cas13. Nature. 2020 ;582(7811):277-282.
- Freije CA, Myhrvold C, Boehm CK, Lin AE, Welch NL, Carter A, et al. Programmable Inhibition and Detection of RNA Viruses Using Cas13. Mol Cell. 2019 ;76(5):826-837.e11.
- Myhrvold C, Freije CA, Gootenberg JS, Abudayyeh OO, Metsky HC, Durbin AF, et al. Field-deployable viral diagnostics using CRISPR-Cas13. Science. 2018 ;360(6387):444-448.